I. Career Planning- Before meeting with your Placement Specialist, prepare for the intake by completing these activities:
- Gather the following documents, which will be needed for the intake process:
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card
- Resume or work history with dates of employment and contact name/phone numbers.
- List of availability hours.
- List of any upcoming vacations, court hearings, doctor appointments, surgeries, etc.
- If you have a criminal background, a brief description of the charges and a letter of reference from your probation/parole officer.
- If you believe you have the skills needed to excel in a certain vocational area, but are not completely sure, contact us for a testing session with Prove-It. This computer assessment will test your abilities and rate your skills, which may be helpful to you and your Placement Specialist when job searching.
- Identify your skills using our Identifying Skills Worksheet.